Now I have seen Revolution Makeup EVERYWHERE, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. I am always looking for good makeup that doesn’t cost the earth, and heard fantastic reviews of this brand and thought why not give it a go.
I haven’t done any first impressions yet. May have had a few quick swatches but will need to test these over time. But from what I can see I am pleasantly surprised.
Because I spent over £30 I received a mystery goodie bag for free, which I will show you below.
My main purchases included –
Revolution Lace baking powder – £5
Revolution conceal and define Concealer in shade C4 (Need a shade lighter next time as this matches my skin tone) – £4
Revolution pro lipstick collection in Nude – pack of 5 – £7
Revolution Conceal and Define Full Coverage Foundation, shade F4 (my perfect shade, descriptions are so accurate) – £9
Revolution X Petra eye shadow Palette – £12
Bringing the makeup to a grand total of £37
I really really wanted to try this palette designed by Petra, as well as the new foundation. What attracted me to this palette over the others was the mixture of matte neutral shades, with the pop of colour. Not all the shades are matte some have shimmer but just the right amount. For £12 that is a bargain. From a few swatches I have done, they are highly pigmented and very creamy.
Now for the mystery bag
I received –
- The revolution colour correcting palette.
- Contour and light palette.
- Contour shades from Freedom.
- 2x lipsticks – 1x Revolution and 1x Freedom. (Great for me starting a lipstick collection).
- And last of all a Sili sponge “not a sponge”. Not overly keen on this never tried one before so I had a quick go and found it left my foundation streaky.