Hey, lets have a little post Christmas fun. I have been enjoying a couple days with the family, such an amazing time watching my son and nephew enjoy their first Christmas, and they shared it together.
Anyway I wanted to do a fun post to get back into the swing and came across this book tag on Way Too Fantasy. Lets get into it.
1. You have 20,000 books in your TBR, how in the world do you decide what to read next?
I do find it hard. Not going to lie I do judge the book cover as well as seeing what mood I am in.
My mood can fluctuate, but tends to drift towards Fantasy/Romance, as well as a bit of erotica….. No secret that I review this genre.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you put it down or are you committed?
I give myself a couple weeks to have a break and read something that has caught my attention. Depending on my thoughts after depends on whether I go back. But I do think halfway is a good place to get to before deciding on yes/no.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re behind on your reading challenge, do you try to catch up? And if so, how?
I am behind right now actually, 4 books behind.
I like the challenges but find if I force myself to read then I am setting myself up to not enjoy myself. Reading is a hobby and for fun, I don’t ever want to feel like it is a chore.
4. The covers of a series you love do not match, how do you cope?
I can’t lol. This is one thing that I really struggle with, and will admit it drives me crazy. I will have to buy the book with the correct matching cover to feel settled. Weird I know.
However a mixture of paperback and hardbacks do not bother me at all.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book that you do not. Who do you bond with over your shared feelings?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I love the bookish community and we all share our thoughts, they’re welcomed and I may bond with someone who agrees with me.
6. You’re reading a book in public and you’re about to start crying. How do you deal?
I have to stop. This has happened rarely, but I would rather experience the book at home and then let my emotions run wild.
7. The sequel to a book you loved just came out but you’ve forgotten a lot of what happens. Are you going to reread it?
I have reread books I love, but I also keep a notebook for my reviews mainly but I will scan over my notes and it jogs my memory.
8. You do not want anyone to borrow your books, how do you politely say no when someone asks?
Oh wow this is a hard one. I do not mind lending them out, however if they get ruined or slightly damaged I freak out internally. My sister did this once, she felt so bad because she knows my books are my pride possession that I have on view for everyone that visits, she actually bought me a new set.
9. You have picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over this reading slump?
I usually find some good time off helps me a lot. I have had a month off from reading before. I will pass the time reading reviews, checking out book posts and then I am happy to read again if something spikes my interest.
10. There are so many books coming out that you are dying to read, how many do you end up buying?
Oh Wow, I like to be realistic with how many I think I can read. However if it is a series I will try to buy it all.
Of course funds depending.
11. After you purchase all of these books that you’re dying to read how long do they sit on your shelves before you get to them?
Oh wow this is mean. I feel so mean leaving them sitting there looking at me.
It depends, from the previous questions it depends on book slumps, enjoying the books or general life. However if I am addicted to the series I can read it in a week.
I won’t be tagging anyone, but please feel free to create your own post 🙂 and tag me in it so I can check out your answers. X